Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday Funday

Dear Fellow Reader,

Hello! It has been almost a full week without a post. I know, I have been slacking.....just kidding, quite the opposite actually. This was my first official week at Google and I am seriously enjoying it. I enjoy my cafe I am working in, I am currently a prep cook and going to work my way up. So I have been doing everything from chopping potatoes to making mayonnaise. My cafe is not huge and we have a smaller staff but we all work hard and get the job done.

This weekend I didn't do much but catch up on sleep (I took a 3 hour nap yesterday. It was heavenly.) and visit the hot tub. I love hot tubs, man. They are so relaxing and very therapeutic. If I was president of the United States I would make it my personal goal that every house in the United States has a hot tub. Oh, and garlic presses. And world peace, of course. That's all #Hoffman2016

This morning my roommate and I got up to make a pancake breakfast. I don't do it a lot but every once in a while its wonderful.


Yes, I used pancake mix that only required water. Just because I got to culinary school doesn't mean I can't use convince products too! And for toppings we had chocolate chips, bananas, and fresh strawberries.


I made two. They turned out...eh. I mean they tasted fine but they were slightly deformed and kinda burnt (opps.) I hate making pancakes but I like eating them. Back home my mom would also cook pancakes for my brother, father and I and I don't know what she did but they came out perfect.

The first was a banana chocolate chip pancake.


The second a fresh strawberry pancake.


After I ate my fill of pancakes I figured since I was in the cooking lingo I would prep some chicken breasts that I will cook off for salads and sandwiches this week. Here's what I did for the marinade.


I crushed a clove of garlic to start.


I then rummaged through the spice cabinet and found this all purpose seasoning and thought it will do.


About a palmful will do.


Then I found Oregano. And said to myself "Okay, I will add Oregano"


Not as much this time though, just about half a palmful.


Then I poured in some olive oil.


Whisked it together and bam! There it is! (Sorry, I'm not Emeril, I won't say bam! again, even though by telling you I won't say it, I said it. Oh well, we all learn to forgive each other over time, I only hope you fellow reader will learn to forgive me.)


Add the chicken, turn to coat and allow to sit in the fridge for a few hours.

And now I watched my new favorite TV show I am addicted to, and am not ashamed to say it, Masters of Sex. Its amazing, no really it is. Its a fascinating story of how Dr. William Masters and Virginia Johnson changed the way the world looked at human sexuality.


It stars Michael Sheen, an incredible actor. I first saw him in the 2006 film The Queen, playing Prime Minister Tony Blair and how he handles the crisis of Princess Diana's death and the relationship he forms with Queen Elizabeth II, played by the divine Helen Mirren.


It also stars Lizzy Caplan. I never seen is anything before this but she blew me away. The chemistry between the two leads is irresistible and always leaves you wanting more.


My roommate and I have been binge watching it since last night. We finished the whole first season in 2 days. I know man, its bad.

I highly encourage anyone to watch it. It sounds weird, but incredibly fascinating (note: There's sex in it)

By the time we were done watching it was time for me to cook off the chicken breasts. I just sautéed them in some vegetable oil and butter over medium heat until they were nicely browned and fully cooked through.


I then sliced them up, placed them in a bag and put them in the fridge so we can eat it through out the week.


I am much more settled in and will be making some posts more frequently then I have been. Stay tuned fellow reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment