Saturday, June 27, 2015

Herb Crusted Salmon

Dear Fellow Reader,

Let me ask you a question. How often do you eat Salmon? If you taking time to answer this question you can stop because I already have the answer. The answer is not enough!

Salmon is one of the most delicious foods ever on the face of this planet and I consider anyone who has not put salmon in their mouth deprived.

But no need to fear, I am here to un-deprive you. Your welcome.

This recipe is really good and pretty quick to make so it can definitely be made on a weeknight


So heres what ya need!

Salmon (a filet big enough to serve at least 3 to 4 people), panko, melted butter, dijon mustard, thyme, chives, parsley, lemon zest, and garlic.


First the salmon filet must be skinned. I bought this filet with the skin off so I skinned the fish myself but you could buy a skinned salmon filet or as your fish monger to skin it for you.


The slice the filet into equally sized pieces (this leads to equal cooking times) and dollop dijon mustard over the filets.


Then with a butter knife or your fancy schmancy pastry brush smear the mustard evenly over the surface of the fish


Next for the herbs. Its gonna be 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, 2 tablespoons chopped chives, 2 teaspoons minced thyme, 2 cloves minced garlic and 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest. along with about half a stick of melted butter


Mix it all together in a bowl with 3/4 cup panko and some salt and pepper. If you need to add more butter to moisten the panko more by all means, go for it. Who am I to stop you.


Then pack the topping mixture thickly on top of the salmon.


Set your oven to 425 and bake the salmon for about 8-12 minutes, until full cooked through. I also turned on the broiler for the last couple minutes to help the coating brown more. 


And there you go! I have save you fellow reader from being deprived in this world from Salmon!

You can thank me later fellow reader. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment